- Prepare the sushi rice
- Make a marinade from the rice vinegar, sugar and salt, and use it to carefully marinate the cooked rice.
- Cut the nori sheets into strips.
- To make the sesame and avocado filling, cut the green parts of the spring onion into thin rings, cut the avocado into cubes and mix both with the tahini paste and seasoning.
- For the onigiri: With wet hands, take a bit of rice and form a hollow in the middle.
- Put in the filling and close the hollow with more rice. Form into a triangle, wrap a nori strip around one edge and sprinkle both sides with sesame seeds.
- For the yaki onigiri (sautéd): Onigiri without preparing nori sheets. Heat a little groundnut oil in a frying pan and sauté the ongiri until it turns golden-brown.
- And now your delicious yaki onigiri will be ready to enjoy with soy sauce!
Sushi originally hails from Japan and is regarded as popular street and finger food. These delectable yaki onigiri consist of crispy grilled rice balls. Use this super easy recipe to make the perfect yaki onigiri super fast! The best part is that you can vary the recipe with your favourite ingredients - Fish, meat or vegetables.