Ingredients for 2 portions
For the sauce
- Chop the peppers, carrots and the top of the pak choi. Cut the smoked tofu into cubes. Soak the mushrooms briefly in water and then cut into pieces.
- Fry the tofu in plenty of peanut oil in a wok until crispy. Add the rice syrup and caramelise. Finally, add a little salt and set aside.
- Cook the udon noodles in unsalted boiling water according to the package instructions.
- Chop the garlic and onions and fry in peanut oil in a wok until translucent. Add the peppers, carrots and mushrooms and stir-fry.
- Drain the noodles after 13 minutes and rinse with cold water. (The water washes away the excess starch, making the udon noodles less sticky later).
- Add the top of the pak choi to the wok. Then add the ingredients for the sauce. Then add noodles & the tofu set aside to the wok. Simmer everything together for a few minutes.
- Remove the fried noodles from the wok and serve with chilli flakes, sesame seeds and/or cilantro.
One of our favourite dishes when we need to be quick: stir-fried noodles with delicious oyster mushrooms and pak choi.