Ingredients for 2 portions
|| For the sauce
- Cook the jasmine rice in a pot or a rice cooker.
- Squeeze the tofu liquid with a kitchen towel and cut into cubes. Cut the pak choi and pepper into small pieces. Slice the onion. Chop the garlic finely. Slice the carrot thinly with a peeler.
- Fry the tofu in oil in a wok. When it is lightly golden brown, deglaze with some Teriyaki sauce and fry briefly. Remove the tofu.
- Fry some garlic in the same wok pan. Add the vegetables and fry. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce: Mix the ketjap manis, soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, sambal oelek, salt and pepper. Dissolve the cornflour in 100 ml of warm water and add to the sauce.
- Mix the vegetables and the sauce. Add the bean sprouts and tofu and simmer for a while. Serve with jasmine rice.
Have you ever tried chop suey? No? Then you've missed out! This is a classic dish from Asian wok cuisine. Although it is known as a Chinese-style dish, it is rather unknown in China itself. But it is popular in the USA, for example. Either Chinese noodles or rice are served with the dish. In this recipe, loose and fragrant jasmine rice is used. Curious? Then definitely give it a try!