The steaming method is perfect for preparing jasmine rice, black and white sticky rice and mochi rice. With the bamboo steamer, you not only get a unique flavour, but you can also serve your rice authentically and in style! We how you how to prepare your rice in the bamboo steamer.
How to cook rice in the bamboo steamer
- Remove the lid from the bamboo steamer and line the bottom with a thin cotton cloth or large lettuce leaves.
- Put the uncooked rice into the bamboo steamer and put the lid on.
- If you want to cook fish, vegetables or dumplings at the same time, use the second basket and place it over the bamboo basket filled with rice.
- Place the closed bamboo steamer in a pot or wok and add a little water. The bamboo steamer should be about 1 cm in the water so that the bottom of the lower thrust does not get wet.
- Then turn the stove on to the highest setting so that the water starts to boil.
- The rice is now gently cooked with the help of the rising steam. When the rice is ready, you can serve it straight from the bamboo steamer.
Bamboo Steamer – Nice to know
Soak the rice
The cooking time depends on whether and how long the rice has been soaked beforehand. If the rice is soaked for 4 hours, it needs about 30-40 minutes in the bamboo steamer. For an even shorter cooking time, boil the rice for 5 minutes in advance.
Cleaning the bamboo steamer
After use, you can simply clean the bamboo steamer with hot water. We recommend using a soft sponge to remove food scraps. Then simply dry the steamer with a tea towel. Put it in a place protected from the sun to dry completely.
Add water diligently
Over time, the water in the pot will evaporate. Therefore, be sure to pour more water into the pot. When all the water has evaporated, the bamboo steamer risks burning and being damaged.
The Reishunger Bamboo Steamer
A bamboo steamer is perfect for the traditional and gentle preparation of rice. In the traditional rice steamer, the rice is gently cooked by the rising steam. Our bamboo steamer is made of high-quality and durable bamboo. Thanks to its multi-level baskets, not only rice can be steamed - other ingredients such as fish, vegetables or dumplings can be cooked at the same time. To prevent rice grains from slipping through the baskets, our bamboo steamer also comes with helpful cotton cloths. Depending on how big your rice appetite is, you can choose between a steamer with a diameter of 20 cm or 25 cm. With the smaller version you can cook about 2 portions of rice, the large bamboo steamer holds up to 4 portions of rice.